Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Post black friday

So I went out like many on Friday morning to visit some shops to see if there were any deals around. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but just wanted to see what was out there. I made my way to an outlet mall that was packed, and traffic had to be directed by mall security guards on Segways.



After I stopped laughing, I was able to find a parking spot. The place certainly was packed. There were plenty of deals to be found, which was in contrast to what I thought was being offered at the big box stores. I was at a BestBuy and Target earlier, and wasn't really impressed. In fact, I was comparing prices in the stores to those online, and Amazon seemed consistently cheaper. The only deals to be had were the big ticket items like TVs. There was one woman in this Sony store pushing two 47" Bravias in front of her.



The outlet mall, like most malls, cater to women... and they were out in droves. I felt like a sardine in the Coach store where everything was on sale. The line for the register wrapped around the walls of the store.



In the end I really only got three toys. I went home around noon and just ended up doing my shopping online. No lines, no pressure to shop, I can take my time and they'll drop everything at your door in time for the holidays. Much easier, and you don't run the risk of killing a poor Walmart employee.

No comments: