Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Failing company



There's a reason a company fails. A lot of it has to do with the art of idiocy, as championed by one particular fellow in the White House. The rest is probably just a whole slew of stupidity and incompetence working in perfect synergy. I would also declare that people who walk into meetings using the word 'synergy' are also to blame. In any case, we've seen a good amount for corporate failures this year, and I would imagine we'll see a lot more of them in the months to come.

GM, Ford and Chrysler are looking for $26billion for operational costs for about 5-6 months. If they don't get it, we could be looking at the collapse of the American auto industry. They're looking for this cash from the taxpayers, and that has me really annoyed. First of all, why the hell would I want to give money to this loosing triumvirate of a mismanaged business? I've never purchased a car from them... ever. So why the hell would I want to give them money now? If I give them a bailout, will I see a hodgepodge of metal and scraps on wheels they'd like to call a Ford in my driveway? What does one do with a Ford Taurus anyways besides wonder why it's so ugly, or if it'll start today? Here's an idea, build cars people will want to buy instead of recycling 20 year old platforms with crappy transmissions and sedans that handle like trucks, and trucks that handle like cargo containers on wheels. Why not listen to what consumers have been begging you for the last 10 years. Better build for the money, reliability, attractive lines(YOU DO NOT BUILD SOMETHING LIKE THE PT CRUISER... EVER!), fuel economy, safety (good luck with your Cadillac airbag), resale value. It's like you're driving people to Honda and Toyota on purpose. At least their cars won't spontaneously accelerate into schoolyards!

If you won't build the products that people want, like any other company, you should be left to rot. I don't care what the impact will be if you're gone. It's a transitional pain I believe we need to go through to right the economy and auto industry in general. I don't care about the ripple you'll cause in unemployment. Things will get bad, but it won't get better with companies like this around. So go f*ck yourself till you're blue Circuit City, Sears, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Bush... but don't drag me down with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave, that's great! I agree totally. Same goes for the mortgage industry and AIG. Why should we bail them out because of their stupidity? Who's gonna bail out all the taxpayers who are losing their life savings and 401K's and will have to work until they're 101? Certainly not AIG or the auto makers. Keep up the commentaries. I love it.