Sunday, November 23, 2008

Grandmother's birthday



Well, spent the day mostly at the KoP mall. It was my Grandmother's birthday, so we had lunch at the Cheese Cake Factory. For fear of having a bad meal, I ordered the Beef Stroganoff. It's hard to screw that one up. Fish n' Chips were on the menu, but I've come to terms with the fact that, unless you have British blood in you, there's no way you can pull off a decent Fish n' Chips. But I was pleased with the food there. The portions were nice and everything at the table looked good!



I was expecting the mall to be a lot more packed than it was. Even for a Sunday it was pretty thin, especially when you count the weeks left for shopping until Christmas. No crowds, no deafening noise, just a small traffic of shoppers with very few bags in tow. Went into the Disney store only to be accosted by a cheery girl telling me everything this week is 25% off. I'm expecting everything to be 50% off come next week. Maybe, dare I dream, 75% off after no one shows up for Black Friday?

Was waiting for Santa, but he never showed up. Many Polar Bears were shot and stuffed to ornate the tree.

No comments: