Friday, August 1, 2008

Link time

There are a lot of consumer products out there... some good, some not worth your money. I don't like wasting my money on poor electronics. It's a sin. How do you know what is decent or not? Well, for me, I like real world reviews from people who have used and purchased the devices. What better way to find out if a product is crappy than from the misfortune of others.

One great place for reviews is www.testfreaks.com. It's a really useful resource.

Another place to get user feedback is www.newegg.com. Even if you don't buy from them (which they are a totally safe online retailer), they house a huge amount of user feedback from buyers.

So why are these places better than your Amazon review? These are electronic specific sites that people in the electronic know go to. I wouldn't go here for medical advice... cause they're not that kind of shopper... but for the most part, these reviewers are savvy tech purchasers. Thought I'd share for anyone planning on a tech purchase :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, Dave. It's good to have some reliable reviews from those in the know, or those who've learned a valuable lesson first-hand. I will be sure to check out those sites.