Thursday, July 31, 2008

Nice old guys at Staples

So I was in Staples today to get a new laser printer. The one in our accounting office died, so naturally everyone in there went into a ritualistic freak fest. Let's just say it involves a lot of nagging... people that annooooy you Mr. Marsh.

Anyways, we couldn't wait for our contracted awesome tech people, so I went out to Staples to get a new laser printer. There I met a really nice, older gentleman that was very pleasant and helpful. It was fun because he was a bit of a technophile... which I think is rare and very cool in someone that is 50+ in years. Anyways, the person that was at the register was older too... they were like Staples buds. Very nice pair. I rarely have a nice shopping experience. Most of the people that work at these places are zombies. Really odd to find someone so into their job and be so helpful.

So after that I came back into the office to install said printer. Which by the way, for $150, it was a really nice Brother black and white laser printer with built in Ethernet and wireless! I know! $150 right? The equivalent HP was like $300+. So it was back to nag central. Kinda went like, nag, nag nag nag, nag nag, nag. Nag? Nag, nag nag. Nag nag? Nagna, nag nag. Nag?! Naaaaaag. Nag nag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should see if you can call Staples and give him a good review. People never do that and the annoying naggy people always do call, but only to complain.

D said...

I should... but I'd ruin it by telling who ever was on the phone how my day was going. He was nice though. I may buy all my Staples supplies from just that guy now :)