Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Why, why, why

Things you should never ask me if you are a graphic artist:

"So, I printed these invitations out, but some are on glossy and some on just the 20# paper. I guess the glossy was mixed in the tray. Can I just leave it? Does it matter?"

Ok, a few things wrong with that question.
  1. Check your trays before printing you moron.
  2. NO IT IS NOT OK TO HAVE DIFFERENT PAPER STOCK FOR THE SAME INVITE.
  3. As a graphic artist you shouldn't have even asked me. You should have just quietly redone the job properly.
"I don't think it's right that they expect us to turn around the requests in the same day. These changes should be done next day, or at least plan a day ahead."
  1. Tell our client that. I'm sure Coke will be super impressed with your answer.
  2. Are you f*cking with me? I may go through multiple changes of said project in the same day. Are you slow in the head?
Ahh, the quiet little warning signs of failure. This kind of thing may seem adorable on a cute girl. Honestly, if you were a girl and had asked me these questions I may have just petted you on the head. Coming from a 6 foot dude that looks like Clay Aiken "with experience"... not so endearing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to laugh. That is so funny! Since I'm a graphic artist, I can laugh.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!! Now the sad part here is the slack jawed moron if off today and you are cleaning up the mess of that project. Hmmm, not sure who sounds stupider?

Oh by the way, if I cut them in could I get cameras in there, I mean the sheer amount of meltdowns I just know would make me millions on tv. Hmm? Hmm? what do you think?