Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Drive of doom

Driving home last night I thought I would at least make a stop to get something to drink, so I tried coconut juice. For anyone that is familiar with Asian drinks, you'll understand the many assorted forms of juice that is just not found in western societies. Most of them are actually naturally sweet, while others have very unique flavors not of this world.
After I purchased my tasty beverage and was on my way home, God got very pissed. The sky clouded into a dark doom while the wind picked up. Rain then started to pour down to where visibility is maybe 50 feet. Lightning was flashing just above me turning the view into this bright pink/purple color. It was actually pretty, but I couldn't untie the beauty from the fact that it could vaporize me, so I just drove crouched in my car. Yes, yes, this is what you get for working late asshat. For miles, the power was out and intersections were operating on pure anarchy or being handled by police. Debris would just blow sideways into cars on the road, littered by branches. Of course, as I pulled into my driveway all was well again. Thanks God, not cool.

No comments: