Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hooky

Stayed out of work today and just got up from a pretty nice nap. It wasn't Caribbean breeze on a hammock nice but still nice. I have to watch out about oversleeping these days. I just get this complete discomfort in the end if I oversleep and my head feels like slosh afterwards. Then there's the risk of the grogginess lasting too long... not a fan of that either.

Anyways, ever watch the Discovery Channel or TLC? Well, my wife loves the medical shows on them. Last night they had this show about a kid whose bones wouldn't grow properly, so he kinda looked all... not right. It sucked, but no amount of surgery was ever going to make him normal. Then there was this operation where they separated this simeese (sp?) girl from India. They called her the girl with eight limbs. Yeah, that wasn't disturbing at all to watch after dinner. Then you get a slew of those extreme plastic surgery shows which just get a bit too graphic. It's more disturbing than any horror movie because it's real tissue. Yeah, picture that in your head... real tissue being cut and sewn back so some California troll can pretend she's 30 years younger. Good luck with that.

Now on the flip side, she'll get bored with Ice Road Truckers, Myth Busters, Extreme Engineering, or Battlestar. Yeah, Battlestar. You know, the best show on TV that no one is watching. And then there's the Doctor Who remake... which is just awesome. But no, if the girls at my home are in control of the TV, I run the risk of watching Tila Tequila. Yeah, Tila f*ckig Tequila. I'll reserve that for a separate post.

In the end, television is a bit of a disappointment for me. All the shows I enjoy I've already watched maybe 3 times or more over per episode. Even the commercials seem lame these days. I used to have a Wii before I sold it because I got bored of it (stupid, stupid, stupid.) I wish I had it again. I kinda enjoyed having the web browser on my TV through the Wii.

Oh well, I'm rambling. Sorry, this is pretty much a useless post. Not sure what I'm getting at besides the fact that I think Tila Tequila is whorey.

No comments: