Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sonic... not so good


They put up a Sonic near me, and it opened for business about a week or two ago. I've always been curious about them, mostly because I've never tried one before. If you read their literature they tout freshness and "made on the spot" goodness. Every evening as I drive by it's been packed, so I keep on driving, but this morning I decided to give it a go.

It's set up as a drive in for food. There isn't any indoor seating and the whole building itself is one big food prep area. You pull into one of the stalls and place your order. They would then bring your food out to your car. So if you don't have a car to eat in, you're kinda out of luck. There is an outdoor patio to sit and eat at, but I wouldn't recommend it in such hot and muggy weather.

I choose the drive-thru and got a breakfast sandwich with coffee and tator tots. From what I can tell, their taste of freshness is the same taste that I would get from McDonalds or Burger King, or any other fast food joint. I honestly could not tell any difference, never mind detecting any form of freshness. All in all, it left a greasy after taste in my mouth, and on that I don't think I'm going to bother to go back. They didn't even have decent coffee, the backbone of any good breakfast. So now I'm full and feeling gross. I think I'm going to skip lunch and find me a nice shaded place outside to vomit.

No comments: